Are you ready to share your amazing documents with the world?
Here are the options available in the Share button. The Share button is visible at the top right corner of the screen, every time you're editing a document in any of the Craft apps.
On an iPhone or iPad, the Share button is represented by a share icon:
Table of contents:
- Invite to collaborate - to allow anyone or specific people to view or help you edit a document using the Craft app
- Publish - to create a public or secret URL link to your document that can be accessed in any browser
Invite to Collaborate
This feature allows you to easily invite anyone to be a viewer or a collaborator to your documents.
- Add email addresses to invite as many viewers or collaborators as you need into a Craft document.
- Being the document creator, you'll have complete and instant control over who gets to edit and view the document you're sharing, these roles can be changed any time.
To invite someone into your Craft document:
- Click Share
- Type in the email address of the invitees.
- Define their roles as "Viewer" or "Editor".
- Click the Invite button to send them a notification email.
The invitee will get an email from Craft notifying them about the invitation and providing an option to open the document right away:
Alternatively, it is also possible to generate an Invitation Link to your document. You can set the link to grant immediate viewer or editor access to whoever accepts it. To create an invitation link:
- Click Share
- Choose which kind of access will the link provide to whoever clicks on it.
- Copy the invitation link and share it wherever you need.
Collaborator Names and Temporary Profiles
If a collaborator joins a document without signing in to Craft, a random name will be assigned to their temporary profile. Any comments and activities in the document will be tied to that temporary profile.
A new temporary profile is generated whenever the collaborator refreshes or reopens the document.
Therefore, if tracking who's making the changes in a document is important for your workflow, make sure to have all collaborators sign in to Craft and set their names accordingly in a permanent profile.