Craft Sync is built for speed and reliability to provide you seamless syncing capabilities across your devices. In some cases, you might still experience issues around sync. The following simple tips help our users most of the time.
If you check these tips and are still experiencing issues, please go back to the app, open `Preferences` > `Diagnostics`, and hit the Report button, sending us an email with some extra information. Shortly after, we will be in touch with you!
1. Sync availability is Offline under Preferences > Diagnostics
The easiest way to try to fix this issue is to try to close the app completely:
- On iOS - Force kill the app, wait a ~30 seconds and open it again
- On Mac - The best way is to stop the app via the Activity Monitor - you can open it directly or search from it in Spotlight Search. After opening the Activity Monitor, find Craft in the list, click on it and then click on the stop button at the top.
After restarting the app, please go back to `Preferences` > `Diagnostics` to check the Sync Availability.
2. Double check if you are using the same account on your devices
If you don’t see any of your documents on one of your devices, please double check if you are signed in with the same account (and with the same login method - Email vs Sign in with Apple).
The easiest way is to check the email address the app is displaying:
- On Mac - Your email address will be displayed at the top left corner next to your avatar in the Documents list.
- On iPad - Tap on the avatar at the top left corner in the Documents list - it will open the Spaces List, and you will see your email address.
- On iPhone - Tap on the avatar at the bottom right corner in the Documents list - it will open the Spaces List, and you will see your email address.
Note: If you see an email address ending with `@privaterelay.appleid.com`, that means you logged in via Sign in with Apple, and this is an automatically generated email address.
3. Use the Sync Now button to manually start the synchronization
Open `Preferences` > `Diagnostics`, and hit the **Sync Now button.** After you click the button, the app will try to restart the sync.
4. Check if you are using VPN, AdBlocker, or network monitoring apps
In some cases, using VPN, AdBlocker (e.g., AdGuard), or network monitoring apps (e.g., LittleSnitch) resulted in the users being unable to sync between their devices. Try turning them off and restart Craft to check if your sync connection got restored.
One specific case with AdGuard that got resolved with Big Sur 11.2 - https://kb.adguard.com/en/macos/solving-problems/big-sur-issues#little-snitch
5. If you are using Craft from your workplace, check with your network settings
Corporate network settings, firewalls, and privacy programs can block traffic to Craft too.