Documents are the essential items in Craft. Follow these steps to create, delete, and star your documents.
1. Create a New Document
- Click on the New Document icon at the top center of the page.
- Select the New Document icon in the left sidebar.
- Use the keyboard shortcut, press cmd + n.
- Tap on the New Document icon towards the top of the screen.
- Select the boxed + icon in the center of the bottom toolbar.
- Or, if you have an external keyboard connected to your iOS device, press cmd + n.
2. Delete a Document
You can swipe left or right to select the document you would like to delete, and then tap on Delete in the bottom component.
You can also open the document and delete it from the document’s details.
Right-click on the document you would like to delete and select "Delete".
Or you can delete the full document from the document itself. The option can be found in the right sidebar in the Page Info tab.
3. Star a Document
You can swipe left or right to select the document you would like to delete, and then tap on Star in the bottom component. Starred documents can be found in the Starred folder.
You can Star your favorite and most important documents by right-clicking on a selected document. You can quickly find them later in the Starred folder.
4. Sharing a Document
Open any document and click on the 'Share' button towards the top right corner of the screen.
You'll also see options to allow specific restrictions, such as:
- Allowing only collaborators to have access.
- Allowing anyone with the link to view your document.
- Allowing anyone with the link to edit your document.
Open any document, tab on the page icon with an arrow pointing outwards towards the top right corner of your screen.
Tap on the 'Comments' tab to set restrictions for your collaborators. Set more specific settings in the 'Advanced Options'.
5. Table of Contents
Each document you create will have a Table of Contents automatically generated on the left sidebar.
By clicking on the Sidebar Toggle in the top left corner of your screen, you can choose between the 'Table of Contents' view on the document level and the 'Organize' default view.