Everything you do in Craft takes place in a Space. When you first open Craft you will arrive in your private Space, it's your virtual home to write, organize, and share your documents.
There are many options for shaping your Space any way you like or to create new Spaces.
Learn here about different types of Spaces and how to manage them.
Your Space is split into two main sections: the sidebar and the documents list. When you open a document, it displays here.
In Craft, you can rely on the Sidebar to
- Access and manage your Documents, Folders, and Shared Pages
- Check your Calendar and your Daily Notes
- Search within the Space
Three-dot menu (top right corner)
Click on this menu to:
Change the Layout and Sorting options
- Export all your documents
- Import your notes
- Check your Stats and Activity (if you have Pro Tier)
In Craft there are 3 different Space types:
- Private Space
Everyone starts with their own Private Space in Craft. You cannot invite additional members to your default space.
- Shared Space
It’s a good idea to create a new Space when you want to collaborate with others, or for different sets of topics such as Family or Business.
When you invite someone to your Space, all the documents and pages in that Space are accessible to them. To share your documents with others, check out: Sharing Documents.
You can invite up to 5 guest members to a shared space who will have the same editing rights as you do.Tip: You can switch between Spaces easily on any platform, and pin your frequently used Spaces to your sidebar.
- External Storage Space
You can create External Storage Space that will never communicate with our backend, meaning that your data is yours and you define the location of storage. More about external locations.
Starter (Free Plan)
- 1 GB / Space
- You can create up to 3 additional Spaces on top of your personal Space
- 50 GB / Space
- You can create up to 10 additional Spaces on top of your personal Space
- 100 GB of Storage / member
- Unlimited Spaces
Creating a new (shared) Space
Regardless of your subscription status, you can create new Spaces and invite up to 5 collaborator guests.
Go to your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click Add New Space
- Select the Create New Space option
- Name your new Space
- Invite others to your space (optional)
- By adding their email addresses
- By sharing the invite link
Note: if you invite guest members with the free plan, they will have the same options as you.
Inviting members to a Space
If you haven't created a shared space, do this first (directions above.)
- Go to your profile picture
- Click on Space Details
- If you have more shared spaces, make sure to select the one to which you are planning to add and invite new members
- Click Members
- Click Invite People or share the Invite Link
Moving documents between Spaces
You can move documents between spaces by highlighting them and performing the following steps.
Right-click the document on the Mac and Web apps. Tap and hold on iOS.
- Select Move To
- Select To Another Space
- Select the destination Space
Note: the transferred document will appear under your All Documents and Unsorted folder. All blocklinks will be reserved, but the shared secret links and comments will break.
Searching across Spaces
It isn't possible to search across Spaces, but on macOS, you can use the quick space selector with the ESC key to switch Spaces and perform a search with the help of the cmd + o shortcut.
Deleting a Space
Go to your profile picture (hit the ESC key on your keyboard)
- Hover over the desired Space and select the Open Space Setting via the three-dot menu (long tap on iOS)
- Click on Open Space Settings
- Click Delete Space