Once you've created your account, Craft will automatically begin with a default single Team. This typically defaults to being titled with your name (this can be changed in settings that we will get to later).
Within a Team, you can create multiple Spaces depending on the limits of your subscription plan. Spaces are areas where you and your team can create, store, and collaborate on documents. Additionally, within a Space, you can create multiple folders to organize your documents accordingly. Think of your Team as being the walls of your house, Spaces are the rooms within your house and the items within each room would be considered your Folders.
Plans and Limitations:
- Starter Plan (Free) - 1 Space
- Pro Plan - 5 Spaces
- Business Plan - 25 Spaces
Creating and Managing Your Team
Craft has a Team/member subscription structure. Adding a member to a team while having a Pro or Business subscription will require payment, as it will increase the number of seats for that team.
In order to collaborate with anyone for free, you can create a new free Team in your team's section and invite as many people as you want there.
In a free Team, you can collaborate on up to 10 documents, but you can add unlimited blocks and subpages to them.
To create a new Team, select the 'New Team' option under your account.
Invite new team members
- Select your Team
- Go to 'Team Members'
- Select 'Invite People'
Important: If you already have a Pro or Business subscription, inviting new members to your team will generate an automatic charge.
- The invitee will receive an email to accept the invitation and join your Team
Important: Currently, it is not possible to invite members to a team with an Education License. The same limitation is applied for Teams with Setapp subscriptions. However, you can still be invited to a team as long as the owner of that account is a Pro os Business subscriber.
- Managing your Team Subscription
- You can access and modify the details of your current plan, under the 'Settings' tab of your Team.
Working with Spaces
- Home This is where all of your documents are listed. It is also where you'll find the "Members" and "Settings" tab for a space. You can invite members to a space under the "Members" tab and change the name and the logo of a Space under its "Settings" tab.
- Starred: This view shows all of your starred or favorited documents. Right-click (or long tap on iOS) to Star any document in Document view.
Unsorted: This is where you'll find documents that were not placed in any folder.
My Templates: Here, you'll find your templates and you can add new templates as well.
- Folders: You can create multiple folders and subfolders in a space. Drag and drop a document into a folder (or right-click on a document and > "move to folder") to better organize your content.
- Quick tip: Change the icon of any folder by right-clicking (or long tapping in the iOS) > Edit > Icon. There are many to choose from!
Exploring the Three-dot Menu
In a Space, while in Home View, you'll find a three-dot menu in the top right corner of the Craft window:
Here you will find the options for:
- Sorting documents
- Making 'Daily Notes' visible in your Home space view
- Accessing Activity, Stats, and Export/Import options
Customizing Space Settings
Under the 'Settings' menu, you will find the options for
- Changing the name and logo
- Adjusting visibility
- Configuring notifications
- Managing AI Assistant
Additional Tips and Tricks
Using templates effectively