When you invite a new Team Member and receive a pop-up message stating that the "upgrade is incomplete", or an email saying "Finish upgrading your Craft account" it means that you are currently using an App Store-based subscription that doesn't support adding new team members. To complete the upgrade, you will need to update or change your payment method.
Important: Adding a new Team Member to your account is a billable event, given that the new member will have access to the Pro or Business tier features.
You can complete your subscription upgrade by entering your new payment information by clicking on the link in your email and completing the prompted steps that follow.
Once everything is done, you can cancel your App Store subscription.
You might find helpful these relevant articles:
I Don't Want To Pay For A New Team Member
No problem, you can collaborate with others for Free by simply following these steps:
First, to ensure the accuracy of your team’s membership, please follow these steps to remove the unintended member: (if you added any by accident)
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your "Team Name".
- Navigate to your “Team Members” tab.
- Locate the member you wish to remove and click on the (...) to the right of the member's email.
- Select "Remove or Deactivate" to remove the team member from your account.
- The "Pending" label will disappear automatically after 7 days of removing a user.
Creating a Free Team
- Click on "+New Team". (note: this is not the same as "+New Space")
- Create a Name for your new Free Team.
- You can choose to fill in the invitee's email information on the pop-up, or you can invite them after the Free Team is created.
- Close the Subscription Options pop-up.
- You'll know you created a Free Team correctly when you see the label "Free" next to it.
Within a Free Team
- You can invite as many individuals as you wish.
- You can collaborate on up to 10 documents.
- You can create unlimited blocks and subpages ;